Star City Hacks
Learn to code and have tons of fun at one of Indiana's largest high school hackthons!
Register Now! Schedule
Hacking is for everyone (and isn't just taking over other people's stuff). Our free event will provide a launchpad of skills and ideas to make the world a better place. No matter who you are, the Star City Hacks family will welcome you with open arms and provide a safe and welcoming environment.
- All Indiana High School students (9-12) are welcome
- Thanks to our awsome sponsors you don't have to pay a dime!
- We'll have fun workshops to teach you the ways of the code
- All experience levels welcome
What to bring
- Your computer (and charger)
- Minimum Recommend Specs: 4 GB RAM, WiFi Connectivity
- If you don't have these specs, please contact us
- An ID (school ID or DL would be great!)
- Leave any negativity and anything not allowed on school property at home
- The Hack Club chapter at WLHS is hosting. We're a student run club and this is a student run event. We'll have more than enough adult-chaperones to keep everything safe and in order.
Do I need Computer Science experience?
- Absolutely not! Whether you've never written a line of code in your life or you're already an expert developer we'll have something for you!
What Will I Do?
- We'll have fun workshops to let you try out something new and plenty of work time to work on games, websites, or anything else you'd like. We'll give cool prizes to outstanding projects.
Where's the event? Is there parking?
- The event will be hosted at the West Lafayette Jr/Sr High School in beautiful West Lafayette, Indiana (home of Purdue University). Whether you bike, drive, or bring a bus, we'll have space for your vehicle.
What will the day look like?
- 1:00 - 1:15 pm: Arrival and Check-in
- 1:15 - 1:30 pm: Opening Workshop + Team Formaton Time
- 1:30 - 4:00 pm: Workshops
- 1:30 - 2:00 pm: Build your Own Website! && What's the Weather?
- 2:00 - 2:30 pm: Build a Computer Game! && What's a Computer?
- 2:30 - 3:00 pm: Build your Own Website! && What's the Weather?
- 3:00 - 3:30 pm: Build a Computer Game! && What are Algorithms?
- 3:30 - 4:00 pm: What's a Computer? && What are Algorithms?
- 1:00 - 6:00 pm: Worktime
- Project work time with mentors will be offered alongside workshops
- 6:00 pm: Judging Begins
- 6:00 pm - 7:00pm: Dinner (Provided)
- 7:00 - 7:15 pm: Awards & Closing Ceremony
- ⚠️ Schedule Subject to Change
Our sponsors are amazing! We thank them for their commitment to our mission and support of our event ❤️
Want your name and logo here? Consider becoming a sponsor. We could really use your help to make this event amazing!
Our team is a group of dedicated and motivated high school students. We want to work with you to make this event amazing.
Henry's CS interests lie in creating user-friendly apps and working with hardware to branch the divide between physical and virtual. Outside of CS, he is the president of his school's Debate Team where he spends his time obsessing over ways to make his arguments perfect.
Kyle's CS interests lie in using software to solve real-world problems, specifically in healthcare. He is the president of West Lafayette High School's Hack club and the VP of robotics. Occasionally, Kyle sits on his front porch and daydreams about owning a dog.
Johnny's CS interest lies in working with both physical and virtual robots (but not complicated bug fixes). When it's sunny, he enjoys taking walks outside.
Patrick's CS interest lies in algorithms and theoretical CS, which he enjoys explaining in accessible ways. Outside of CS, he is an officer in the local branch of the Civil Air Patrol (CAP)
Mahad's CS interests lie in creating fun and interactive games such as poker. Outside of CS, he is the president of the Boy's Organization for Social Services (BOSS).
Want to chat? Need to get in touch with us? Drop us a message and we'll get back to you ASAP.